- Enhance your Vocabulary with GRE Vocab Assist App [Windows Phone]
- Add Wow Effects for All your Pictures with the Camera 360 Ultimate App
- Best Travel Apps that Help you Fly, Stay and Enjoy to Exotic Locales!
- How to Install WhatsApp for iPad without Jailbreak
- Stack Exchange: Question and Answer app for Android
Come on! We all have files on our devices which are not meant for public viewing. And by files, I mean mostly SMSs, and in some cases, images and videos (*wink*). Normally your device is not likely to go outside of your vicinity, but what if a friend snatches it out of your hand and tries to invade your privacy? And what if your device falls in the hands of someone who you absolutely don’t want to share your personal matters with? Certainly you need to keep your personal files protected. Isn’t it? Forget all your worries, here is a perfect smartphone app for you, developed by NQ Mobile Security.
The Vault-Hide private App provides password protection for your personal SMSs, images, videos and Facebook messages. The app has been brilliantly designed, and offers a sleek look which befits a security app. There are several similar apps out there, available for free downloading in Play Store but this is a one-of-its-kinds app since it provides protection on such a wide variety of stuff.
After the passwords to Vault have been created and the necessary hurdles like accepting the terms and conditions passed you will be shown the main screen of the app. Here you will get the options regarding all that you can use this app for.
- App Lock: Facebook, Whatsapp, Skype, Email, Instagram…be it just about any app. Select from the list of apps installed on your device and they are put under protection. Anyone wishing to access those apps should put in the correct password; otherwise they will be denied access. If you are a premium user, you get the opportunity to select unlimited number of apps to be locked and then enable the Camouflage Lock. This will make the locked apps look like they have crashed.
- Image Lock and Video Lock: The images and videos which you choose to be locked will be put under password protection. Although you can manually select and lock the files, you also get the option to automatically lock all the visible photos.
- SMS/Contacts/Call Logs Lock: You are granted the chance to create your own list of private contacts. Once you do that, all the messages and call lists pertaining to those contacts will be hidden, as if they never existed in the first place. The app even does away with alerts regarding those contacts.
- Facebook Messages: You can now keep your Facebook chats to yourself.
Other features like Break-In Attempts, Fake Vault and Vault Online can be accessed only with the premium version. The latest free version even comes with the Vaulto Gallery where users get the opportunity to share their images privately and have other users see them anonymously, for a very limited period of time. After that the picture gets erased permanently.
I found one major fault with this app though. Once I uninstalled the app from my device, the files that I had kept hidden remained that way! Now that should certainly not have been part of the package. However, it does come with several interesting features like the Slideshow of your hidden files and the restoration of your contacts!
Let us know your Vault experience, and what prompted you to use the app. Follow the download button below to get the original Vault-Hide SMS, Pics & Videos app for your smartphone.Download from Google Play Download from Apple App store Download from Windows App store
Vault ensures that all your extreme personal files are kept perfectly safe; brilliant app