- How to Import a Movie or Video to iMovie
- Catch the Daily Sports Update on Windows Phone with Bing Sport
- Get PaintBall Experience On iPhone With PaintBall Disparos 2.0 Tweak
- Get “Now Typing” Indicator on iMessage With Typestatus Cydia Message Tweaks
- Jazz Up your iOS with JellyLock7 Android Lock Screen for iPhone
Imagine how boring it could be to keep on using the same capabilities of your iPhone again and again every day. Personally, I like to customize my iPhone completely to align it more to my tastes. Thanks to the ever growing jailbreak community, and their hardworking iOS developers who keep pushing out new tweaks for iDevices every single day, particularly to tweak iOS experience on your iPhone. Recently we came across Verbatim jailbreak tweak which offers new features to change iPhone lock screen and now we have another cool tweak, to offer if you want to know how to change lock screen on iPhone, in a completely customizable fashion.
Convergance is a new tweak available under the ModMyi repository in Cydia store, which changes your device lock screen from top to bottom. The redesigned lock screen interface offers new widgets, quicklaunch features and custom themes to tweak your device lock screen the way you always wanted. Once you install the tweak using the tutorial below, you will see the following functionalities.
Customize iPhone Completely with our How to Change Lock Screen on iPhone Guide
- Firstly, you can choose from a set of 4 different lock screen themes on your iDevice. While all of them look appealing to us, we personally recommend the Conceptual theme. You can also select the font type used for each of the themes then and there.
- Next comes the interface section which contains widget, toggles, background, and battery percentage tweaks. The background settings let you select a blur background for your device lock screen.
- The best feature we found integrated within this tweak is the ability to add and modify widgets on your iDevice lock screen. You can choose to display Weather, Calender and RSS information right on your device lock screen with simple swiping up.
- Coming to the Toggles widget, we are quite impressed with the clutter-free layout and neat interface Convergance has to offer. Toggles can be accessed by simply swiping left to right on your device lock screen.
Once configured, the toggles will actually look like the one in screenshot below.
- The advanced section of this tweak lets you customize text color, as well as translucency. Here’s where you can also select custom icons for notifications to suite your lock screen theme.
NOTE: Please note that Convergance is a jailbreak tweak and requires you to have a jailbroken iDevice. We recommend you to take a complete backup of your iDevice before proceeding. In case you want to jailbreak your iDevice, navigate to our tutorial on how to jailbreak iDevices running on iOS 7 below.
Step 1: Launch Cydia app on your iDevice and navigate to Search button to search for Convergance tweak. The tweak is available under ModMyi repo, which is pre-added to your device. The tweak is available for about $2.50 USD for iDevice users, which we feel is reasonable for a tweak offering this utility.
However, you can get the tweak without hurting your pocket by following our tutorial below.
Step 2: Once you have successfully installed this tweak on your iDevice, simply navigate to Settings-> Convergance to start customizing your device lock screen as per the functionalities we discussed above.
That’s it. Now you have a complete knowledge of how to change lock screen on iPhone with Convergance jailbreak tweak.