- “We have a huge dream – we want to make people’s mobile photography life better and better” – Interview with Camera360 App
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1 to iOS 6.1.3 On Apple’s A4 Devices
- How to Track Stolen iPhone Instantly With Inner Jailbreak Tweak
- For Your Eyes Only: Avocado Private Messenger App for couples to Spice-Up Love Life!
- Top 10 WhatsApp Tricks For iPhone And Android
While we continue to debate on the future of the jailbreaking world once iOS 8 is released, at this moment our focus has been clearly on how to jailbreak devices. Recently we have been receiving a lot of requests on tutorial to downgrade iOS 7.1 to iOS 6.1.3 on iDevices. While the main reason for this request is obviously the inability to jailbreak iOS 7.1, people are willing to get back to iOS 6.1.3 which has been a stable iOS firmware and jailbreak friendly too.
Now while you might still want to downgrade iOS 7.1 to iOS 6.1.3 for a variety of other reasons you might also like to take a look at the best jailbreak tricks once you downgrade your iPhone to a jailbreak friendly version. The race between Apple and jailbreak community is still on going, with Apple coming up with patches to its iOS exploits, thus counter-attacking the jailbreak community at every step. iOS 8.0 and its amazing features might make jailbreak redundant but in case if there is a chance that you miss your jailbreak phone then this guide will be particularly useful for you.
At the time of writing this article, it is not possible for any of those iDevice users to downgrade their iOS in case they have NOT saved the SHSH blobs of their iDevice running on that older iOS firmware. For those who don’t know, SHSH blobs are unique identifiers for your iDevice which Apple verifies at the time of activation once you update your iOS. Thus, you need older SHSH blobs to activate the downgraded iOS 6.1.3 since Apple is no longer signing the older iOS firmware, as always. So here’s all you need to do, to downgrade your iOS 7.1 powered device to iOS 6.1.3 easily.
How To Downgrade iOS 7.1 to iOS 6.1.3 On Apple’s A4 Devices
NOTE: The tutorial requires you to have a jailbroken device with SHSH blobs of your device saved initially. However, you can also browse through Cydia to find SHSH blobs for your particular A4 device. Further, make sure you take a complete backup of your iPhone before proceeding so that you don’t lose any of your data in case anything goes wrong.
- First of all, you will need to download the iFaith tool on your Windows powered desktop, since the tool is only available for Windows users. You can download iFaith here. iOS 6.1.3 is the last firmware it supports, hence we are only publishing the tutorial to downgrade to iOS 6.1.3 specifically. Don’t worry, iOS 6.1.3 is completely stable firmware supporting jailbreaking on your iDevice.
- Next, you will need to download the iOS 6.1.3 firmware file for your A4 device directly from Apple’s servers. Or, you can select your device, and download the firmware from here.
- Next, you will need to uninstall the latest version of iTunes from your Windows powered Desktop, and install iTunes 11 on it, since only iTunes 11 supports downgrading an iOS firmware. You can download iTunes 11 from below.[iTunes 11 32-bit | iTunes 11 64-bit].
- Next, make sure your iPhone is completely charged, and then connect it to your desktop PC using the USB data cable that came along with your iPhone. Proceed only if you have sufficient battery on your iDevice, since downgrading may consume majority of your battery backup.
- Launch iFaith on your PC, and click on the OK button to proceed.
- Now, in case you had NOT saved your SHSH blobs in the past, click on the option that reads “Show available SHSH Caches on the server” and wait for the interface to load up completely.
- By now, iFaith should have detected your iPhone connected to the PC. Simply click on Yes when iFaith asks if you want to use the newly connected device. Proceed to the next step.
- Now, you will see a list of all SHSH blobs for your iDevices that are available on the server. Now since we have already uploaded our SHSH blobs onto Cydia, you can see in the below screenshot that iOS 6.1.3 blobs are available for us. You can download and save the SHSH blobs on your computer and proceed to next step.
- If you had already saved the SHSH blobs of your iPhone when it was running iOS 6.1.3, you will need to locate that saved SHSH file on your computer, or your email account and then click on Main Menu at iFaith screen.
- Now, click on Build *signed* IPSW w/ Blobs and select the saved SHSH blob when asked for it from your desktop.
- You will see a validation popup. Click on OK to proceed.
- Now, click on Browse for an IPSW and select the iOS 6.1.3 firmware you downloaded in step 1. Your iOS 6.1.3 firmware file will be cooked instantly.
- To install it, launch iTunes, and connect your iPhone to your computer. Now put your iPhone into DFU mode. Press Shift key on your keyboard, and click on Restore button on iTunes. iTunes will ask you to browser for the iOS firmware file. Now select only the cooked iOS 6.1.3 firmware you created using this tutorial.
That’s it. Enjoy jailbreaking on your iDevice. Make sure you keep SHSH blobs whenever jailbreak for iOS 7.1 comes, so that you can downgrade to iOS 7.1 from iOS 8 once it has been launched, on Apple’s A4 device.