- How To Block Candy Crush Requests On iPhone And Facebook
- How To Stream Videos in HD over cellular data on iPhone
- Sweep your Valentine off her feet with romantic Valentine’s Day greetings from this app
- Best Travel Apps that Help you Fly, Stay and Enjoy to Exotic Locales!
- Creepy Google Glass App NameTag coming to Android?
Over the last few days at SwapMyApp we have been concentrating on protecting your iPhone and how to track stolen iPhone is an area we had to cover. While spyware like mSpy, Easy Spy Pro and Mobistealth has emerged as the greatest threat to your iPhone losing all your personal data in case of a stolen phone is also something that is something you can not overlook. Before going further with the tracking stolen iPhone topic we recommend you to also read our how to stop spying on your iPhone article if you want to protect your iPhone from spy attacks.
Getting Started with How to Track Stolen iPhone
Inner is a useful jailbreak utility if you are wondering how to track stolen iPhone and iPads. With inner you can track, locate, control and perform multiple other operations right on your iPhone, in case it gets stolen. While a lot of people lose their smartphones these days, and at times Find My iPhone is not really the best practice to look out for, in order to retrieve your iPhone or iPad. There is currently no official application apart from Find My iPhone from Apple which can provide you with a plethora of options even when you don’t have your iPhone or iPad within your range. Such is made possible with the help of jailbreaking tools, apps and tweaks. Inner cydia app is activated as soon as somebody replaces SIM on your iPhone, so you don’t have to do anything but wait for the SIM change, or configure your iPhone’s settings using the desktop Inner client. Be sure to hide the inner icon from your dashboard using SB Settings cydia app. We will come back to the functions of this wonderful tweak, but first, here’s how to get it on your iPhone or iPad instantly.
Track And Locate Stolen iPhone Instantly With Inner Jailbreak Tweak
NOTE: You would require a jailbroken iPhone or iPad in order to use Inner. In case you wish to do so, you can follow our step by step tutorial to jailbreak your iDevice running on iOS 7 below.
The installation and configuration of Inner tweak takes place in two major steps. Firstly, you will have to configure it on your iPhone or iPad by downloading Inner by following the tutorial below. Secondly, you will need to configure the Inner client for desktop in order to gain access over your iPhone or iPad in case it gets stolen.
How To Install Inner On Your iPhone Or iPad
Step 1: First of all, launch Cydia application from your device’s springboard, and tap the Search button on bottom navigation menu to search for Inner tweak.
The tweak is available under ModMyi repository for free. ModMyi repo is added to your iDevice by default as soon as you jailbreak it.
Step 2: Once installed, simply head over to Settings->Inner to configure its settings.
Under the Settings page of this amazing tweak, you will come across the following preferences.
- Enable/Disable: Easy kill switch to enable or disable Inner tweak. If any time you feel that you no longer require this tweak, simply navigate to Settings->Inner and turn the toggle switch to OFF to disable Inner.
- Check SIM Card: You can configure your primary SIM card under this setting. Once done, Inner will work in accordance to the SIM card you registered here. As soon as the SIM is replaced, your device will enter Theft mode.
- Notification SMS: The setting enables automatic SMS sending from the new SIM to a preset mobile number as soon as your device enters Theft mode.
- Track GPS Location: You can leave this option set to Automatic in order to authorize your iDevice to use GPS services when it enters Theft mode. Keeping it on Auto will only enable it when your device enters Theft mode, hence your battery backup would be preserved.
- Online Tracking Service: This is the most important and amazing setting of Inner. You can configure the desktop client of Inner on your system and control your iDevice remotely.
You have successfully configured Inner on your iPhone or iPad by now. To use the Online Tracking Service of Inner, follow the tutorial below to install the desktop client on your system.
How To Install Inner On Your iPhone Or iPad
Step 1: Firstly, navigate to the official website of Inner here, to register your device instantly.
Step 2: Once configured, you will get access to the online Inner client where you get to experience features like Activate Siren, Vibrate for 30 seconds, locate iPhone, take photos, record audio and video, access contacts or call logs right from your desktop computer. Simply tap on Activate siren to do so, or record audio and video to enable recording on your iDevice located somewhere remotely. You don’t need access to your device. However, you do require a working network connection.
Please note that doing so requires an active internet connection on your iDevice. If disabled, you will not be able to use the desktop tracking facility of Inner. Creating an account at Inner.mobi is easy. Simply enter your email ID, enter your device and password and you are good to go.
Inner is no doubt the best jailbreak oriented tweak to locate and track stolen iPhone or iPad. You might also want to take a backup of your iPhone so that you can restore your phone to earlier settings once you get your stolen phone back.